This research study is evaluating an investigational medication as a possible treatment for early stage Alzheimer’s disease (AD) in adults aged 55 to 85 years.
Approximately 255 people will participate in this study at up to 60 clinics in the US. Participation in this study will last approximately 3-4 months (14-18 weeks) and will include approximately 8 study visits to the study center during that time.
The purpose of this research study is to:
- Test the safety and effectiveness of the study medication
- Test whether the study medication will improve the symptoms of your AD
- Collect data on the study medication levels in your blood and bodily changes indicative of AD
To be eligible for this study, you must:
- Be 55 to 85 years of age
- Have been diagnosed with early stage AD
- Have been taking Aricept® (donepezil), or another cholinesterase inhibitor, for treatment of AD for at least 2 months
- Be supported by a caregiver who is willing and able to ensure the patient takes their study medications, attends clinic visits, and follows study procedures as instructed